RUD "RS" Grade 8 Lifting Eye Bolts (Non Swivel) - Range from 100kg upto 8000kg
Grade 8 Eyebolts - RUD RS : 400kg to 32 tonnes (non swivel).
Higher WLL than DIN 580/582 or BS Eyebolts
- Forged, tempered and 100% crack detected. Fool-proof compared with common DIN eye bolts by:
- Shape: Octagonal means quality class 8
- Identification: Distinct indication of WLL for the most unfavourable case (lateral load - not allowed with DIN 580).
- Ensure the eye bolt is bolted down flush to the surface! Avoid twisting movements during transport.
- Fool-proof compared with common DIN eye bolts
- Avoid twisting movements during transport.
- 4:1 safety factor
- Temperature Range:
- -40°C to 200°C with no reduction
- 200°C up to 300°C -10% of WLL
- 300°C up to 400°C -25% of WLL
- Above 400°C is not permitted
- In accordance with the test principles of DGUV GS-OA-15-04, eyebolts with rigid eyes serve as mounting aids, e.g. on motors and gear units. There is a trade association clearance certificate available for using the high-strength RUD RS eyebolts.
|Thread Size||WLL (kg)||T (mm)||A (mm)||B (mm)||C (mm)||D (mm)||E (mm)||F (mm)||Thread Pitch (mm)||Weight (kg)|
With the following characteristics, distinctive in comparison to the conventional DIN - eye bolts;
An octagonal shape symbolising quality class 8.
Colored red, the identification color of quality class 8
Identification : Clear WLL indication for the most unfavorable load direction F2 (not permissible for DIN 580).
Forged mateterial 1.6541, high tensile and annealed, 100% electromagnetic crack detected according to EN 1677-1 and with a 4 :1 design factor.
Loaded in the direction F1, an up to four times higher factor of the value F2 is acceptable. Work piece material, at least 1.0037 (St 37).
For light metals, nonferrous heavy metals and grey cast iron, the thread type allocation must be done in such a way that, the WLL of the thread type fulfils the requirements of the respective work piece. Make sure the bolting surface is plain. Ensure an appropriate bore depth to facilitate an optimal sitting of the engaging surface.
Always make sure that the eye bolt is tight before loading. The seat - engaging surface of the eye bolt must evenly and completely lie onto the surface of the work piece. Swiveling movements must be avoided during transportation.
Impact loaded or when operated in environments with vibrations, unintentional loosening can happen.
Securing possibilities: Use of a liquid thread securing medium eg. Loctite ( follow the manufacturer`s recomendations).
For applications of the RS eye bolt , there is a reliable - operations certification by the respective technical Committee.
It does not automatically adjust to the direction of pull hence not permitted in the mining industry.
There is no requirement to Proof Test RUD Products, either Bolt or Weldable after Installation if the user instructions for welding are carried out correctly. The welding should be carried out by a suitably qualified and competent welder/person.
The supporting structure, or the load, should be of adequate strength to take the stresses involved and this is the responsibility of the engineering designer or equivalent.
RUD Lifting and Lashing Products are Manufactured and conform to EN 1677. No further Proof Testing in the field is required. In fact it would be considered that the Product had been overloaded if a Load more than the recommended Working Load Limit had been applied.
RUD products should be regularly inspected in line with the requirements of LOLER and as per our user instructions at intervals decided by a competent person.