Pole Straps. Work Positioning Lanyards EN358
Work positioning lanyards are also known as pole straps and are manufactured to comply with European Standard EN358. Pole straps are a height safety product used in conjunction with EN358 fall arrest harness or EN358 work positioning belts to provide additional support to the user, allowing them to work more comfortably and therefore safer. A work positioning lanyard has not got any shock absorbing properties, it is not a fall arrest lanyard and it would be very dangerous to use for this purpose. They are available in many lengths though generally as 2m, 3m and 4 metre. A pole strap must be used in conjunction with a fall arrest harness and a separate fall arrest device such as a fall arrest lanyard or an inertia reel. We offer pole straps from quality height safety manufactures including: Miller, Sala, Ridgegear, Protecta, Yale and Tractel with even more additions to be added in the near future. All pole straps can be adjusted for to pass round the support structure and to accommodate different size users, keeping the person working at height comfortable and safe!
Restraint (work positioning) lanyards are to restrict the working distance of a person so that they cannot reach the ‘Falling Edge’ while working at height. Restraint lanyards must not be used in a fall arrest situation.
- You may not require ‘Rescue Plan’ with a restraint working at height plan as it should be impossible to reach a fall zone. Though remember that a rescue may still be necessary, for example a maintenance worker on a crane bridge has a heart attack.
- Commonly used in mobile elevated working platforms (MEWP’s) cherry pickers, scissor lifts, and fork truck access platforms.
- Model: 1008288
- Model: Miller Reglex 3000
- Model: Miller Reglex
- Model: 2AL-2586
- Model: RGP3
- Model: RGP2
- Model: RGP1
- Model: RGP11
- Model: RGP4
- Model: SALA Trigger
- Model: AF764T2
- Model: LSB-2287
- Model: Stopfor B LCM 06
- Model: LCR Lanyard
- Model: LCM04 Aluminium
- Model: LCM02 Lanyard Steel Block
- Model: Stopfor K Support Lanyard
- Model: LCM04
- Model: LCM 03
- Model: YAPS-3915
- Model: PKRR-4025
Miller fall Restraint lanyards are available ‘Fixed Length’ or ‘Fully Adjustable Length’ click on the product and you will also be offered different karabiners, for example, scaffold hook, snap hook, screw gate etc...
- Safety first! Restraint lanyards have no shock absorbing properties, a fall would result in serious personal injury
- These types of lanyard are also sometimes called a Restraint Lanyard, Work Positioning Lanyard, Safety Lanyard, MEWP Lanyard, Safety Line, Safety Rope, Restraint Line, or Lifeline.