Export Terms and Conditions of Use
Selby Engineering and Lifting Safety Ltd - Online sales with Savings, Service, Satisfaction.
Owned and operated by Selby Engineering and Lifting Safety Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales Company No:3013233. Registered office 3 Lincoln Way, Sherburn in Elmet, Leeds, LS25 6PJ
SELS Ltd we have a vast amount of experience and expertise in exporting both lifting equipment and height safety equipment world wide. We have established new trading relationships in all sectors of industry, Conditions Apply:
- Note: All quoted items are non-cancellable and non-returnable.
- Minimum Order Value: Discretionary minimum value for export is £500.
- U.K. Tax: Excluded
- Price: All prices quoted are given in GBP (Great British pounds) governed by English law. Selby Engineering & Lifting Safety standard terms and conditions apply.
- Delivery: Dates will be confirmed, Exports quoted on Ex-works collection basis.
- Payment: 100% with order. For payment by credit card the goods must be delivered to the card holders registered address, we apologise if this is inconvenient though it is necessary to prevent card fraud.
- Methods of Payment: Our preferred method of payment is BACS or CHAPS transfer, however we also accept credit or debit card. Please note however all American express credit card payments are subject to a 5% surcharge and all other credit cards will be subject to a 2.5% surcharge. All credit card payments are address checked prior to processing, we therefore request that the full registered card holders address be supplied at the time of order.
- Insurance: excluded (quotation available upon request)
- Charges: (i) UK embassy stamp only: extra at cost (payable with order)
(ii) The above quotation excludes destination customs clearance (if applicable) and any duties / taxes payable at destination
- Carriage: Prices quoted are ex-works UK, please only request a carriage and packing quote only if our specification and price is acceptable. If our quote is acceptable please provide your full destination address and zip code. Also advise if you require sea or air freight.
Please note that in order for ex-works collections to remain zero rated we must be provided with proof of export in the form of an airway bill / bill of laden or C88.
Export Packing Extra is offered at cost (not for profit). Please provide us with a specification of your export packing requirements; generally as
|'Soft Packing' (goods strapped / shrink wrapped onto a pallet) usually will be included in our price (to be confirmed).||'Hard Packing' (wooden crate / box) is outsourced to a Professional Export Packing Company, if selected we will quote based on your specification.|
At SELS we consider 'packing for export' in wooden cases (Hard packing) to be a specialist field and therefore we outsource this to a dedicated specialist company; we only charge for this service at cost to us! In other words we do not profit from this service. We can either organise and charge this as a service to our customers at cost price or the customer can choose to place the order for packing direct with the specialist packing company.
To be able to offer our customer a fixed price quote for this professional standard of packing is very difficult with large orders because theoretical arrangement by nesting items to reduce volume when packing into wooden cases is almost impossible; sometimes the only true way is to know the sizes and weights of each individual wooden packing box is to send the items for packing after receipt of your order! Therefore it may sometimes make sense for our potential customer to accept that export packing is an unavoidable additional cost to the tendered price. After all the packing and carriage cost will be the same regardless of who is awarded the order. At SELS we wish to avoid offering a 'Hard packing' cost based on estimated pacing sizes. Because our mark-up (very low percentage profit) is so small we can quite easily end in the situation that we lose money by underestimating the cost of packing; alternatively we could end up losing the tender because we overestimate the cost of packing!
Unless otherwise stated all our SELS quotations include supply of one set of SELS ‘Standard documentation package only' as supplied to us by the manufacturers. All equipment will be supplied compliant with the Machinery Directive and fully certified for use in the European community complete with the EC Declaration of Conformity, the Operation & Maintenance Manual and all equipment is therefore CE marked.
The following are not supplied as standard: certificate of compliance, certificate of Origin, galvanizing certificate (or specification), painting certificate (or specification), NDT certificate, welding certificates, material certificate, mill Certificate, report of load test, test certificates, report or of thorough examination, shipping and packing notes, electronic documentation, proof of / certification of minimum break test, DNV or other accredited third party certification (or inspection) or Access to the Quality or Technical files.