Chain Sling Lifting Assembly, Grade 10 / 100 - Chain Diameter 6mm to 22mm, WLL 1400kg to 39,900kg
Assemble a grade 10/100 chain sling to your lifting specifications (lightweight option to GR:8)
Single Leg Chains, 2 Leg Chains, 3 Leg and 4 Leg Chain slings at any length to suit your application with a shortening clutch fitted for leg length adjustment.
We distribute for most reputable manufacturers of chain slings including Crosby, Kuplex, Rud and Pewag, so please contact us if you need a quote for any of these chain slings.
Grade 10 Lifting Chain Slings
- Our grade 10 chain slings are made to the customers individual specification.
- Choice of end fitting, many types of lifting hooks and shackles.
- Grade 80 chain slings (gr 8 / GR:80) are also available from us, in sizes from 7mm up to 32mm, with capacities up to 67 tonne (on 4 legs).
Working Load Limits
All general purpose slings should be rated by the uniform load method as shown in the table below.
Safety factor of 4 on all grade 10 chain slings.
|Single Leg||Two Leg
|Three and Four Leg
|Three and Four Leg
|6mm||1.4 tonne||2.0 tonnes||1.4 tonne||2.9 tonne||2.1 tonnes|
|8mm||2.5 tonne||3.5 tonnes||2.5 tonne||5.3 tonne||3.8 tonnes|
|10mm||4.0 tonne||5.6 tonnes||4.0 tonne||8.4 tonne||6.0 tonnes|
|13mm||6.7 tonne||9.4 tonnes||6.7 tonne||14.1 tonne||10.1 tonnes|
|16mm||10.0 tonne||14.0 tonnes||10.0 tonne||21.0 tonne||15.0 tonnes|
|20mm||16.0 tonne||22.4 tonnes||16.0 tonne||33.6 tonne||24.0 tonnes|
|22mm||19.0 tonne||26.5 tonnes||19.0 tonne||39.9 tonne||28.5 tonnes|
Chain Sling End Fittings
|Sling Hook (Clevis)||Self Locking Hook (Clevis)|
Shortening Devices (Extra's)
|Grab Hook (Eye type)|
Recommended Load Factors for unusual slinging methods and conditions.
Factor normally applied to W.L.L. of a Single Chain.
Chain Sling Do's and Don'ts
- Do check the condition of the slings before each load.
- Do check the chain legs are not twisted.
- Do check that the load is on the centre of the hook and not on the tip.
- Don't use the sling over the maximum working load limit.
- Don't load with the convergence angle over 120°.
- Don't shock load.
- Don't use Grade 10 chains in pickling or acid baths.
- Don't submit the chains to heat treatment.
- Don't utilise the chains and accessories outside the temperature range -40° and +200°C.