Tractel "Subito" Manual Operation Temporary Use Suspended Working Seat With Fall Arrest options. Max 30m Working Height.
Compact, lightweight and stable, the SUBITO work seat is a fast and secure method of access for many inspection, maintenance and cleaning jobs.
The SUBITO work seat conforms to CE standards. The steel frame combines a folding seat for compact storage. Two stabiliser wheels (optional) run along the facade providing good stability of the seat and ensuring that it does not spin.
- The SCAFOR manual hoist has a single wire rope and together with the retractable lifeline (AC04/20) provides a secure and reliable access system, essential for man-riding equipment. Both handles are used for lifting whilst lowering only requires operation of one handle.
- The lifting height is up to 20m although, using a larger model of retractable lifeline (AC04/30) the height may be increased to 30m.
The length of lifting wire rope must be appropriate for the suspension height.
- For increased safety and reassurance, a cable-clamp end stop is fitted at the free end of the wire rope to prevent it unintentionally passing through the hoist.
- Designed for working at heights of upto 20 metres
- Equipped with a SCAFOR manual winch, this harness is then approved for lifting people.
- With its safe, easy, and efficient operation, the SUBITO boatswain suspension harness was specially designed for inspection, maintenence and cleaning.
|Hoist capacity||120 kg|
|Weight without stabiliser wheels||21 kg|
|Weight with stabiliser wheels||27 kg|
|With seat in position||750 x 1290 x 440 mm|
|With seat folded||410 x 1290 x 440 mm|
|Overall height without stabiliser wheels and retractable lifeline||1840 mm|
|Overall height with stabiliser wheels and retractable lifeline||2325 to 2425 mm max|
Operation and Technical Specifications
The SUBITO work seat conforms to CE standards. The steel frame (1) combines a folding seat (3) for compact storage. Two stabiliser wheels (4) (optional) run along the facade providing good stability of the seat and ensuring that is does not spin.
The SCAFOR (2) manual hoist has a single wire rope (9) and together with the retractable lifeline (5) (BLOCFOR B20) provides a secure and reliable access system, essential for man-riding equipment. Both handles are used for lifting whilst lowering only requires operation of one handle.
Without its wheels, the system does not have to be dismantled and may be transported in an estate car. If required the stabiliser wheels may be easily removed by 2 bolts.
Hoist capacity: 120 kg
- without stabiliser wheels 21 kg
- with stabiliser wheels 27 kg
- with seat in position: 750x1290x440 mm
- with seat folded: 415x1290x440 mm
- Without stabiliser wheels + fall arrest device : 2140 mm
- With stabiliser wheels + fall arrest device : 2625 to 2725 mm
The SCAFOR hoist has a service brake which operates automatically as soon as the operator release the handles.
The safety device consists of two jaws which grip the lifting wire rope at all times. When the seat is moved up, the jaws open sliding over the wire rope. When the seat is moved down, the jaws prevent all movement and the operator must manually keep the jaws open in order to perform this operation (re. chapter 4.4. Operation of SCAFOR). The wire rope clamp end stop (7) prevents the seat from coming down beyond the length of the lifting wire rope.
Fall arrest device with winder
A fall arrest device with a wire rope winder, type BLOCFOR, fixed between the point of suspension and top part of the steel frame, is provided to guarantee the safety of the operator in the event of a fall. During normal operation, the wire rope of the fall arrest device operates in conjunction with the upward and downward movement of SUBITO.
The automatic operation of the fall arrest device may be triggered for two reasons:
- breaking of lifting wire rope.
- overspeed following a failure of the hoist.
In the above cases, an emergency procedure must be started to rescue the operator on SUBITO. The operation of the fall arrest device should be entrusted to a single operator who will be in charge of it once he has been trained to handle and maintain it. The same applies to connectors (safety hooks) fixed to the fall arrest device BLOCFOR.
The user is harnessed in the seat by the safety belt (6) attached to the structure.
|1||56137||galvanised steel frame||1|
|2||16408||SCAFORTM + screws and bolts||1|
|4||28398||support with 2 stabiliser wheels + screws and bolts (optional)||1|
|5.1||31392||fall arrest device BLOCFOR with 20 m wire rope||1|
|5.2||38292||fall arrest device BLOCFOR with 30 m wire rope||1|
|7||29716||wire rope clamp||1|
|8||-||safety wire rope||1|
|9.1||9428||Lifting wire rope Ø 6.5, 20 m with hook||1|
|9.2||6248||Lifting wire rope Ø 6.5 mm, 30 m with hook (on request)||1|
|10||31652||M 10T connector (top safety hook)||1|
|11||31652||M 10T connector (bottom safety hook)||1|
|12||22516||bolt TH M10x50||3|
|13||8006||NYLOC nut M10||3|
|14||10426||bolt TH M6x16||4|
|15||7996||NYLOC nut M6||4|
|16||32516||washer 6.4 DIN 9021-A2||4|
|17||20205||pulley Ø 130||2|
|19||56157||galvanised seat support||1|
SCAFOR Hoist Installation
Fix the hoist by inserting the top part into the frame guide pin and moving it from top to bottom in relation to frame (A), (Fiig.3). Then fix the lower part of the hoist to the frame using twi bolts (screw + Nyloc bolt) supplied with the SCAFOR hoist (B).
Insert the Lifting Wire Rope
This operation requires two operators, one near the seat and the second on the roof.
- the diameter of the lifting wire rope (9) correspond to the diameter shown on the SCAFORTM hoist technical plate,
- the length of wire rope is sufficient for the application and the end of the wire rope.
- Set the seat vertically under the suspension point.
- Pull the lifting wire rope (hook side) on to the roof using a cord.
- Fasten the hook to the suspension anchor point.
- Fasten the upper safety hook (10) of the BLOCFOR fall arrest device to the second anchor point of the suspension.
- Fasten a cord (A) to the lower safety hook (11) of the BLOCFOR fall arrest device.