SALA "Medium" Load Arrestor - Range from 500kg to 2000kg (10 options)Model: P-LA / XX - Medium / SMLA-1162
SALA Medium Series Load Arrestor.
|Please complete and return this questionnaire to enable our technical team to offer the most suitable load arrestor for your application.|
- The Sala range of load Arrestors are safety devices used in conjunction with lifting devices, such as cranes and hoists, The load arrestor provides independent protection that will arrest the fall of a load in the event of the primary system failing and, being completely Independent of the primary lifting system, it reduces the risk of equipment damage and protects personnel in and around the danger zone.
- The minimum temperature is -5 degrees C and the maximum temperature is 100 degrees C.
- A range of load arrestors available in three body sizes, small, medium, and large to protect loads from 100kg up to 3000kg, with a variety of wire cable lengths.
- The sala load arrestor is installed adjacent to the primary lifting device and fixed to a suitable anchorage point.
- Its retractable steel cable is then secured to the load.
- The wire rope is attached to the arrestor via an internal spring loaded drum that keeps the rope under a constant light tension yet allows unrestricted movement of the protected load.
- In the event of a failure of the primary lifting device that allows the load to fall or descend too quickly, the sala arrestor senses a descent speed in excess of O.5m/sec and automatically engages an internal inertia-activated mechanical brake that acts on the rope drum. This decelerates and stops the lowering of the suspended load within 1m and absorbs the shock forces.
Load Arrestor features
- Independent SALA protection.
- Reduces the risk of equipment damage and protects personnel.
- Protect loads from 500kg up to 2000kg.
- Variety of standard cable lengths.
- Allows unrestricted movement of the protected load.
- Senses a fall speed in excess of 0.5m/sec and automatically engages.
- Stops the lowering of the suspended load within 1m.
- Absorbs the shock forces.
ApplicationsThe Sala Load Arrestors can be used in conjunction with a large variety of lifting devices, or protection of overhead loads:
- Lighting rigs
- Tools / equipment
- Housing - cast aluminium
- Finish - paint
- Cable - galvanized
- Individual Sala serial numbers
|Model||Body Size||Capacity||Minimum Load (kg)||Cable Length (m)||Brake Activating Speed (m/s)||Rope Dia. (mm)||Rope M.B.S. (kN)||Max Stopping Distance (mm)||Minimum Anchorage Capability (kN)||Maximum cycles per day
||Maximum cycles between servicing||Approx. Dimensions (mm)||Weight (kg)|
|KD4PLA-500-20||Medium||500kg||5 to 7.5||20 (1- fall)||0.5 std (1 -special)||7||32.0||600
||31.0kN||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||
|KD4PLA8017||Medium||800kg||5 to 7.5||17 (1- fall)||0.5 std (1m/s - special)||8||41.0||600||40.5kN||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA-1000-10P||Medium||1000kg||5 to 7.5||10 (2- fall c/w pulley)||0.5||7||32.0||500||31.0kN x2 (62.0kN)||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA1012||Medium||1000kg||5 to 7.5||12 (1- fall)||0.5 std (1m/s - special)||9||48.0||800||51.0kN||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA-1000-14.3||Medium||1000kg||5 to 7.5||14.3 (1- fall)||0.5 std (1 - special)||11||71.0||500||51.0kN||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA1505||Medium||1500kg||TBA||5 (1-fall)||0.5 std (1 - special)||11||71||500||TBA||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA1608P||Medium||1600kg||5 to 7.5||8.5 (2- fall c/w pulley)||0.5||8||41.0||500||40.5kN x2 (81.0kN)||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA2006P||Medium||2000kg||5 to 7.5||6 (2- fall c/w pulley)||0.5||9||48.0||500||51.0kN x2 (102.0kN)||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA-2000-7.15P||Medium||2000kg||5 to 7.5||7.15 (2-fall c/w pulley)||0.5||11||71.0||500||51.0kN x2(102.0kN)||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA3000P||Medium||3000kg||TBA||2.5 (2-fall c/w pulley)||0.5||11||71.0||500||TBA||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
|KD4PLA3031P||Medium||3000kg||TBA||3.1 (2-fall c/w pulley)||0.5||11||71.0||500||TBA||TBA||TBA||368 x 435 x 236||41|
Sala Medium Load ArrestorAdditional Information about the Sala medium range of load arrestors including safety instructions and technical information.
Sala Load Arrestors Further InformationFurther information on the safe use and different methods of use on Sala load arrestors.
NOTE: Pricing and specifications may be subject to change without notice. Prices shown may be UK only prices and therefore export pricing may vary dependant on location.
Images are for display purposes only.
Images are for display purposes only.
Contact Us About This Product
Please fill in your details and your enquiry below.
Did you know?
You can also Request a Quote using the Buy/Quote tab above!
You can easily add more than one item to the Quote Request. This is highly recommend as we will be able to suit your needs much more efficiently.
Share this page!
Save this QR code
for use on Smart Phones