MANUAL OR POWERED - Rigid Arm Knock-down Counterbalance Floor Crane, Hand or Power Lift & Manual Travel. Many options Inc 20deg Rotation.
Knock-down (dismantlable) Counter Balanced Floor Crane With 90 degree jib arm (folding when not in use). Stainless Steel Option.Can be made to customer specification.
Very similar in design to the pivot arm style knock down crane except fitted with an adjustable rigid jib lifting arm with safe working loads up to 2000kg!
The big advantage of this type of design is that it can be used with either a hand hoist or an electric wire rope hoist for lifting materials much greater heights, for example a standard floor crane would most commonly be used for lifting equipment off the floor in a workshop etc where as this is more suitable for lifting from below ground level, like pump well maintenance / lift shaft working / between floors on a building or for building maintenance (working from the roof of a building to raise materials or install new / replacement windows)
Knock Down means a modular design that can be dismantled/disassembled after use and the after transportation to a new location can be quickly and simply rebuilt.
Note: The pictures shown are our artists impression only and are only indicative of our capability. (for display purposes only) All cranes are made individually and the the design may be subject to change according to your required specification; the pictures are not to scale, general arrangement drawings will be issued for approval on receipt of your order.
Advantages of the knock down design are:
- Reduced weight
- Less manual handling problems
- More compact design
- Can be set-up in locations that a standard counterweight floor crane simply could not because it purely would not be possible to get it there!
Designed and manufactured in the UK we can make these special counterbalance floor cranes to our customer's specifications; Sparkproof or ATEX. Such features for offshore use can include stainless steel, bronze bushing, bronze load hook and pivot pins and anti static Castor's etc. See below for other additional features, for example, as a rotating jib arm (swing jib arm)
- Counter weight design means the user can easily get right up to and over obstacles.
- A very popular crane overseas customers as when striped down they pack much smaller.
- CE certified
- Very good quality and strong construction.
- Manufactured to be fully dismantled
- All Welded strong and rigid frame.
- Heavy duty, double-acting UK made hand pump and lifting ram
- Fitted with a safety relief valve to prevent overload.
- Polyurethane fixed wheels at the front and swivel Castor's at the rear makes the cranes easily maneuverable.
- Rear swivel Castor's can have brakes fitted and all Castor's can be supplied directional locking.
- Load tested to 1.25 x SWL and certified accordingly
- Can also be supplied manufactured totally from stainless steel.
- Painted as standard though also available powder coated (plastic coated)
Views of Features
Counter Weight Floor Crane with Powered Drive and Lift Options (Stainless steel versions also available)
Jib Arm Types
For Optional Features and Accessories - refer to the tab above "Additional Features"
Floor Cranes With Spark Resistant Features / Explosion proof.
For Floor cranes to be used in potentially explosive areas / atmospheres such as Zone 1 or 2, SELS can include any anti-sparking features that our customers specify - this will increase its anti-sparking properties and therefore make the crane more suitable for use in a potentially explosive environment!
SELS will not to take the responsibility of supplying our floor cranes described as 'spark proof' as this is ‘too broad’ a term. We believe that total compliance is probably impossible because of the mechanical operation and movement of a floor crane; i.e. we cannot offer a 100% guarantee that no part of the assembly is capable of generating a spark which could ignite a flame! IE: SELS will supply / manufacture cranes with anti sparking features to our customer’s requirements though will not certified them as sparkproof / explosion proof. Our cranes have been successfully supplied to customers in the offshore Oil and Gas industry in the UK on this basis.
Optional Features and Accessories
Listed below are additional features that can be added to any of our knock-down counterbalance floors cranes to cuustomise the unit making it better suited to your working environment.
Images are for illustration purposes only.
||Fork lift truck lifting pockets
||Directional locking castor's or anti static castor's
|Horizontal Jib Options - Fixed, Manual or Hydraulic adjustable||Jacking feet||Lifting and slinging point for overhead crane|
|Paint finish suitable for offshore use or powder coated||Auxiliary adjustable height lifting Hook|
|Articulating Jib Arm (15° left/right)