MANUAL OR POWERED - Rigid Arm Counterbalance Workshop Floor Crane With Moving Load Trolley, Hand or Powered Lift & Travel. Many options.
Heavy duty counterbalance workshop floor crane with load trolley that travels in the lifting arm. Can be made to customer specification
This is our mobile / portable jib crane; it is effectively a workshop floor crane with traditional style jib crane mounted the the front of the crane. It has an integrated travel trolley permanently fitted into the horizontal lifting beam. We use a hand winch mounted to the rear of the vertical column to precisely control movement of the load trolley, preventing unintentional moving of the trolley under load. This provides a safe position for the operator to control the load trolley without being exposed to the falling edge. The load trolley can be positioned anywhere on the jib arm, for example above the item to be lifted, when the weight is taken the suspended load can then be moved along the jib arm without moving the crane chassis. The load trolley has a manual locking mechanism (the winch) so that it can be locked in any position.
All mobile jib cranes with this style of movable trolley in the jib arm are made to our customers specification, SWL (capacity) height of lift and reach of jib arm etc... All can be supplied with a great deal of additional features to meet with our customer exact requirements; one of the most poplar enhancements is the rotating jib arm which allows the arm to rotate 15 degrees ether side of centre.
Note: The pictures shown are our artists impression only and are only indicative of our capability. (for display purposes only) All cranes are made individually and the the design may be subject to change according to your required specification; the pictures are not to scale, general arrangement drawings will be issued for approval on receipt of your order.
Stainless steel option is also available, please phone or request a quote by clicking on to the BUY/Quote tab
Some optional features to the crane are: (also see Optional Features tab above)
- Removable vertical jib column to assist packing for export orders
- Vertical telescopic mast adjustment
- Excellent range of capacities and specials to customers requirements: 152kg, 254kg, 508kg, 750kg, 1000kg and 2000kg
- Brakes with locking Castor's and directional locking Castor's / wheels
- Electric power 12v DC battery drive / propulsion
- Choice of lifting equipment suspended from the crane, manual, electric or pneumatic
- Outriggers on the crane body to ensure a stable lift at height.
- Certified lifting points for the ability to have crane lifted / moved by an overhead crane.
- Fork truck pockets, to enable the counterbalanced floor crane to be moved by a fork truck.
- Jacking feet to give a level and stable lift
- Rotating vertical jib arm, will rotate 15 degrees either direction
- Please see the Images Tab above for pictures of these features.
- Come with a 12 month guarantee
Important Safety Information.
- Always inspect hook and latch before using.
- Never use a latch that is distorted or bent.
- Always make sure spring will force the latch against the tip of the hook
- Always make sure hook supports the loads.
- The latch must never support the load
- When placing two or more loads may disengage from hook if proper procedures are not followed
- A falling load may cause serious injury or death
- A hook and this style latch must not be used for lifting personnel
- Hook must always support the load
Floor Crane Options
For Optional Features and Accessories - refer to the tab above "Optional Features"
Floor Cranes With Spark Resistant Features / Explosion proof.
For Floor cranes to be used in potentially explosive areas / atmospheres such as Zone 1 or 2, SELS can include any anti-sparking features that our customers specify - this will increase its anti-sparking properties and therefore make the crane more suitable for use in a potentially explosive environment!
SELS will not to take the responsibility of supplying our floor cranes described as 'spark proof' as this is ‘too broad’ a term. We believe that total compliance is probably impossible because of the mechanical operation and movement of a floor crane; i.e. we cannot offer a 100% guarantee that no part of the assembly is capable of generating a spark which could ignite a flame! IE: SELS will supply / manufacture cranes with anti sparking features to our customer’s requirements though will not certified them as sparkproof / explosion proof. Our cranes have been successfully supplied to customers in the offshore Oil and Gas industry in the UK on this basis.
Optional Features and Accessories
Listed below are some additional features that can be added to any of our standard range of counterbalance floors cranes to customise the them so that they will be more appropriate for your environment. All these features can also be supplied with our stainless steel cranes.
||Fork lift truck lifting pockets
||Directional locking castors or anti static castors
|Vertical column adjustment||Jacking feet||Lifting and slinging point for overhead crane|
|Paint finish suitable for offshore use or powder coated||Stainless Steel||Knock-down version
|Articulating Jib Arm (15° left/right) - Display purposes only
||Power travel Mobile Jib