Tractel "EP Series" EN 1808 Man-Riding Pulley Blocks / Snatch Blocks - 1600kg to 4800kg
Wire rope snatch blocks certified for both man-riding and materials handling applications. Various suspension options.
The EP series of man-riding sheaves are the only EN1808 approved sheave blocks available on the market.
- EPA/EPC/EPE/EPF/EPL pulleys are designed for man riding applications.
- They are in conformity with EN 1808.
- They can also be used for material lifting.
- These pulleys are mainly designed for temporary cable lifting or pulling applications, when quick installation and/or
- removal of the pulley is necessary.
- They can be fixed to a mobile or fixed anchorage point having the required WLL.
- They are compatible with Tractel hoists.
- Shaves are made of black polyamide and flanges of S690Q steel.
- Colors: yellow / red / black.
- Protection of hand and fingers against trapping in the pulley groove, as required by EN 1808
- Stop detection limit for equipped hoists. Stop detection is a requirement of EN 1808 for man riding installations.
- The casings’ geometry allows using the pulley as opening pulley and facilitating wire-rope positioning.
- The EPC and EPF pulleys are equipped with a safety locking hook.
- The EPE and EPL pulleys are equipped with a hook with safety latch
|EPA - Axis Only (for reduced spaces)||EPC - Swivel Safety Hook||EPE - Swivel Sling Hook||EPF - Fixed Safety Hook||EPL - Fixed Sling Hook|
- Ultimate load is 4 times the working load limit (WLL).
- The EP snatch block has been designed according to FEM 87 and EN 1808 regulations.
- The EP snatch block comes with a polyamide (PA6G) sheave and a steel body (S690 Q).
EP Pulleys exist in three models, with three different anchoring systems:
- EPA equipped with an axis for reduced space installation;
- EPC equipped with a swivel safety locking hook;
- EPE equipped with a swivel hook with safety latch
- EPF equipped with a fixed safety locking hook
- EPL equipped with a fixed hook with safety latch
*Dimensions in milimetres (mm)
|Reference||Code||WLL||Sheave||Height||Width||Opening||Weight||Motorised Application||Manual Application|
|Bottom of Groove Ø||Outside Ø||Cable||Tirak Examples||Cable||Tirfor Examples|
- Strictly forbidden to either be under or to walk under the load.
- Never use this block for a load exceeding its Working Load Limit (WLL). The WLL is written on the block.
Shock loading or specific conditions must also be taken into consideration when determining the product to be used.
- The block should be regularly inspected (priory checking: parts correctly assembled, no excessive movement, no excessive wearing or corrosion, no deformation, no weld corrosion or cracking, free rotation of the sheave).
- Prior to using the block, check for proper position and locking of the axles. Threaded axle head should be visible after application of nuts.
- Never use a block with a hook (EPF, EPE, EPL or EPC) as head fitting without ensuring that the safety latch is correctly operated and in good condition.
- For lifting operations, the user must refer to the safety rules and regulations applicable to this use.
Maximal effort applied on the head fitting of the block
The maximal effort applied on the suspension depends on the load and on the α angle formed between the fall of the load and the fall on which this effort is applied.
The resultant value:
- Must be strictly lower than the working load limit of the block
- Must be strictly lower than the resistance of the anchorage point where the block is fitted
Please refer to the table and sketch hereunder indicated:
|α angle||Effort applied on the suspension|
|0°||Winch WLL x 2|
|15°||Winch WLL x 1.98|
|30°||Winch WLL x 1.95|
|45°||Winch WLL x 1.85|
|60°||Winch WLL x 1.73|
|90°||Winch WLL x 1.41|
|120°||Winch WLL x 1|
|150°||Winch WLL x 0.52|
The pulley’s new design allows for easier installation.
|1. Remove the axis, shift the brace and install the cable.|
|2. Put the brake back in place; place the axis (and the hook if the pulley is equipped with a hook).|
|3. Fit the cable inside the carter through the opening. (This operation can also be done before re-installing the axis)|
Optional Remote Installation
It is possible to install the pulley at a distance:
- Replace the security hook by a standard hook with safety latch (EPC > EPE, EPF > EPL)
- Add a threaded cap in order to insert a pole (group code 106697, sold by TSAS).
This solution is sold as a kit (designation EP-MCP, group code 192969) including threaded cap, threaded pole end, screws & bolts.
When ordered along with a pulley, it is delivered installed on the pulley.