Sala Advanced "Portable Tanker Access Ladder" System (PTALS) c/w Fall protection equipment and Height Adjustable to Height Adjustable to 6.5 metre TallModel: PTALS / D-3537
The Portable Tanker Access Ladder System (PTALS) is designed to provide safe access and Fall Protection for workers to elevated work areas such as rail cars, tankers and large platforms.We offer 6 different sizes with platform heights from 2.7m to 6.5 metre - all 6 are fully height adjustable with 1.5m of adjustment on each. The range of height adjustable Sala UCL Portable Tanker Access Ladder System (PTALS) from DBI-Sala is designed to provide safe access and fall-protection for workers to elevated work areas such as rail cars, tankers and large platforms. The system features light- weight aircraft aluminum construction, a rugged Sala (UCL) basic winch and zinc-plated steel hardware for maximum corrosion resistance. The UCL Portable Tanker Access Ladder adjusts with 5ft (1.5 m) of travel. Customize the unit for your purposes by choosing system height, platform size, wheel kit and other fall-arrest / safety options.
- Designed to position workers over tank man entry points
- Lightweight aircraft aluminium construction
- Rugged UCL basic winch easily adjusts ladder height
- Zinc-plated steel hardware for maximum corrosion resistance
- Ladder adjusts with 5ft (1.5m) of travel
- Customizable to suit your specific application needs.
Base Assembly Pneumatic Wheel Kit
The base assembly Ladder Access System with Pneumatic Wheel Kit comes with aluminum handrails and the UCL Basic winch. This wheel kit is ideal for moving the system over uneven or all-terrain surfaces such as outdoor gravel lots, airline tarmacs and parking lots.
Base Assembly Urethane Wheel Kit
The base assembly Ladder Access System with Urethane Wheel Kit comes with aluminum handrails and UCL Basic winch. The Urethane Wheel Kit is ideal for use on smooth surfaces and indoor applications.
- Trailer Towball Adapter
- Side moving wheel kit
- Top-wind implement jacks
- Base Mounted Counterweight Bars
- 54" Working platform assembly
- Corner Extension Arm
- Fall arrest tie-off post
- Upper platform handrails
- Step-out extension platform
- Fall out bar
- Guard rail cage
- Custom Square guard rail cages
Heights, Widths and Dimensions
|Int'l Ref||B (mm)||C (mm)||D (mm)||E (mm)||Weight (kg)|
Compliance and Regulations
The following standards and regulations were considered as applicable in the design, testing and approval of the DBI-Sala UCL) portable tanker access ladder system:
- ANSI A14.7-1991 for issues of working load, general and design requirements stability and load testing.
- ANSI A14.3 (safety requirements of fixed ladders) for general ladder configuration, design and material selection criteria.
- OSHA 1910.23 (Safety Requirements for Fixed Ladders) for guardrail strength requirements.
- OSHA 1910.26 (Portable Metal Ladders) for general ladder configuration and working load requirements.
- Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health division (Fall Protection Guideline) for guardrail design and strength requirements.
- CSA Z11-M81 (Portable Ladders) for general ladder configuration and design criteria.
- The Ontario Building code for the strength requirements for the guardrail assembly.
- OSHA 1926.502 (Fall Protection Systems Criteria and Practices) for strength requirements of Fall Arrest Structure.
- Ladder Base Assembly (Base Unit)
A) Base c/w Pneumatic Wheels
B) Base c/w Urethane Wheels
- Top-Wind Implement Jacks
- 54" Platform Assembly
- Corner Extension Arms
- Corner Extension Arms with Sleeve
- Fall-Arrest Tie-Off Post
- Platform Hand Rails
- 26" to 42" Adjustable Platform
- 5.5' Diametre guard rail w/o adjustable legs
- Toebar / Toebar adapter
- Side wheel moving kit.
Images are for display purposes only.
Contact Us About This Product
Please fill in your details and your enquiry below.
Did you know?
You can also Request a Quote using the Buy/Quote tab above!
You can easily add more than one item to the Quote Request. This is highly recommend as we will be able to suit your needs much more efficiently.
Share this page!
Save this QR code
for use on Smart Phones