Sala RSQ 15m Self Rescue Inertia Reel Block (Fall arrest & Auto Descent)
Exclusive design provides both fall arrest with assisted rescue capabilities and automatic self rescue for ultimate versatility (with built in automatic descender)
2 Options of Rescue From 1 Device
Fall Arrest Mode - Assisted Rescue by Hand; In fall arrest mode the RSQ inertia reel will automatically arrest the fall then leave the casualty suspended. The assistant above can then activate the auto descent button on the block face resulting in a controlled descent to the ground. On the RSQ option with the retrieval winch fitted the rescuer can then raise or lower the casualty.
Automatic Self Rescue Mode - Auto Casualty Descent. When set in the self rescue mode the RSQ will automatically arrest a fall though will then instantly proceed to automatically descent the person fallen, safely lowering them to the ground.
RSQ with handle or no handle?
The standard RSQ rescue descender does not have a retrieval handle to lift a casualty; IE – DOWN is the only rescue option without the use of further equipment. If the only rescue option is UP then the RSQ retriever blocks should be used (with handle fitted) instead of the standard RSQ descender! RSQ fall arrest rescue auto descenders are only supplied with a 15metre cable length; the RSQ is not suitable if a longer cable length is needed
Sealed RSQ Offshore Specification
- Two options available - with and with-our the hand crank facility (retriever block)
- Maximum 15 metre cable length
- Due to it's rugged construction these units will stand up to the harshest of environments, particularly suited for offshore use.
- Heavy-duty design, Corrosion resistant, Stainless steel end-plates and Aluminum housing making these units perfect for offshore use.
- Dynamic components sealed inside the housing (IP68 rated).
- Designed to last giving decades of service.
- Field proven in the world’s toughest environments.
- Design extends maintenance intervals and product longevity.
- Exclusive design provides both fall arrest with assisted rescue capabilities and automatic self rescue for ultimate versatility. When in Fall arrest mode, the Unit stops falls within few decimetres and limits the forces to 6kN for less for added safety.
Meets CE EN 360, EN341, EN1496
Other References meets OSHA 1926.502, OSHA 1910.66, ANSI Z359.1, ANSI A10.32, CSA Z259.2.2 Type II