RUD "VLBS" & "VLBSU" Weld On Load Rings, Swivel Lifting Eye - Range from 1500kg to 16000kg
Load Rings for Welding.
VLBS Load Ring has no spring.
- VLBS-U Load Ring complete with Spring.
For the quick assembly, a welding block with patented distance nabs.
The load ring, ready for welding, VLBS / LBS is prepared for the direct welding at the transport goods. The welding block (made of easy weldable material 1.0577+N St. 52-3) has been provided with distance nabs as gap indication for the weld and stamped with the WLL identification number. The load bracket can be tilted by 180°, made of high-tensile material, 100% crack detected and thus overall loadable. By a protected spring, the suspension bracket can be maintained in every position; the parts are connected with each other in an unloosable way.
Load Ring VLBS-U with spring
- An enhancement of the well-established LBS with an up to 50% increment of the WLL!
- The new VLBS ring bracket is forged out of the high strength material CrNiMo with 2 patented inner supporting lugs, facilitates easy hooking - in of suspensions ans offers better protection of the clamping springs.
- Given an inclined or a non - parallel work piece, the support effect is extremely improved.
- The pink coated ring bracket is manufactured and tested according to EN 1677-1.
- The welding block is forged out of a good welding material 1.0577+N (St 52-3).
- A protected spring keeps the ring bracket in every required position without tipping and it also reduces vibration induced noise .
- The parts captively held together.
- For further information refer to the product information sheet.
There is no requirement to Proof Test RUD Products, either Bolt or Weldable after Installation if the user instructions for welding are carried out correctly. The welding should be carried out by a suitably qualified and competent welder/person.
The supporting structure, or the load, should be of adequate strength to take the stresses involved and this is the responsibility of the engineering designer or equivalent.
RUD Lifting and Lashing Products are Manufactured and conform to EN 1677. No further Proof Testing in the field is required. In fact it would be considered that the Product had been overloaded if a Load more than the recommended Working Load Limit had been applied.
RUD products should be regularly inspected in line with the requirements of LOLER and as per our user instructions at intervals decided by a competent person.
Metric Capacities - Table 1
|Method of lift|
|Number of legs||1||1||2||2||2||2||2||3 and 4||3 and 4||3 and 4|
|Angle of inclination < ß||0°||90°||0°||90°||0-45°||45-60°||unsymmetrical||0-45°||45-60°||unsymmetrical|
|Metric Type||WLL in metric tonnes|
1. Reference should be made to German Standards accord.
BGR 500 or other country specific statutory regulations and inspections are to be carried out by competent persons only.
2. Before installing and every use, visually inspect RUD lifting points, paying particular attention to any evidence of weld cracks, corrosion, wear, deformations, etc.
3. The material construction to which the lifting point will be attached should be of adequate strength to withstand forces during lifting without deformation. The contact areas must be free from inpurities, oil, colour, ect.
The material of the forged welding block is S355J2+N (St52-3, 1.0577+N), B.S. 4360.50 D or AISI 1019
4. The lifting points must be positioned on the load in such a way that movement is avoided during lifting.
a.) For single leg lifts, the lifting point should be vertically above the centre of gravity of the load.
b.) For two leg lifts, the lifting points must be equidistant to/or above the centre of gravity of the load.
c.) For three and four leg lifts, the lifting points should be arranged symmetrically around the centre of gravity in the same plane.
5. Load Symmetry:
The working load limits of individual RUD lifting points are calculated using the following formula and are based on symmetrical loading:
n x cos ß
|WLL = Working Load Limit
G = Load Weight (kg)
n = Number of load bearing legs
ß = Angle of inclination of the chain to the vertical
The calculation of load bearing legs is as follows:
|Three / Four Leg||3||2|
(See Table 1 and 5)
6. All fittings connected to the VLBS should be free moving.
When connecting and disconnecting the lifting means (sling chain) pinches and impacts should be avoided. Damage of the lifting means caused by sharp edges should be avoided as well.
7. The complete design can be annealed stress-free several times up to <600°C (1100°F) without reduction of WLL.
8. The places where the lifting points are fixed should be marked with colour.
9. At outdoor sites or in case of special danger of corrosion, the welds should only be designed as continuous, fillet welds.
The HV weld at the VLBS guarantees a connection via the whole cross section of the material. This corresponds to a closed weld showing no signs of corrosion.
10. The distance lugs assist in achieving the correct root weld (approx. 3 mm = 0.1 inch). They may not be removed.
11. If the lifting points are used exclusively for lashing the value of the working load limit can be doubled. LC = 2 x WLL
12. After welding, an annual inspection or sooner if conditions dictate should be undertaken by a competent person examining the continued suitability. Also after damage and special occurrences.
Inspection criteria concerning paragraphs 2 and 12:
- The lifting point should be complete.
- The working load limit and manufacturers stamp should be clearly visible.
- Deformation of the component parts such as body and load ring.
- Mechanical damage, such as notches, particulary in high stress areas.
- Wear should be no more than 10% of cross sectional diameter.
- Evidence of corrosion.
- Evidence of cracks.
- Cracks or other damages to the welding.
A non-adherence to this advice may result damages of persons and materials !
The welding should only be carried out according to EN 287 or AWS Standards by an authorized welder.
- Start of the root welding has to be in the center of the welding block.
- Before carrying out the top run, carefully clean the root.
- The welding process must not be interrupted for such a time that the welding block loses the welding temperature.
- Attention: Do not weld at the pink powder coated, heat treated load ring.
Welding Seam Definition - Table 2
|Welding Seam Definition||Model||Size||Length||Volume|
|VLBS 1,5 t||HV 5 + a 3||2 x 33 mm
||ca. 1,2 cm³|
|VLBS 2,5 t||HV 7 + a 3||2 x 40 mm
||ca. 2,6 cm³|
|VLBS 4 t
||HV 8 + a 3||2 x 46 mm
||ca. 3,2 cm³|
|VLBS 6,7 t||HV 12 + a 4||2 x 60 mm
||ca. 8,7 cm³|
|VLBS 10 t||HV 16 + a 4||2 x 60 mm
||ca. 15,5 cm³|
|VLBS 16 t
||HV 25 + a 6||2 x 90 mm
||ca. 56 cm³|