Crosby S281 Web Sling Saver Shackle - Range from 2950kg to 7700kg
Crosby Sling Saver Web Sling Shackles.
Crosby products meet or exceed all the requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. Importantly, Crosby products meet other critical performance requirements inluding fatigue life, impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26. Look for the Red Pin ... The mark of genuine Crosby quality.
- Web Sling Shackle is designed to connect synthetic web slings and synthethic round slings to eyebolts, pad eyes, and lifting logs.
- All Alloy Construction
- Design Factor of 5 to 1.
- Each shackle has a product Identification Code (PIC) for material traceability along with a Working Load Limit and the name Crosby forged into it.
- Incorporates same ear spread and pin dimensions as conventional Crosby Shackles. Allows easy connection to pad eyes, eye bolts, and lifting lugs.
- Increased radius of bow gives wider sling bearing surface resulting in an increased area for load distribution, thus:
- Increasing Synthetic Sling efficiency as compared to standard anchor and chain shackle bows and conventional eye hooks. This allows 100% of the slings rated Working Load Limit to be achieved.
- Allowing better load distribution on internal fibers.
|Round Sling Size (No.)||Web Slings*||Working Load Limit (t)†||S-281 Stock No.||Weight Each (kg)||Dimensions (mm)|
|Webbing Width (mm)||Eye Width (mm)||Ply|
|1 & 2||50||50||2||2.95||1021048||.54||26.9||63.5||19.1||41.1||31.0||97.5||85.0|
|5 & 6||150||75||2||7.70||1021075||1.95||42.9||92.0||28.7||70.0||46.7||143||130|
|Round Sling Size (No.)||Web Slings*||Working Load Limit (Tons)†||S-281 Stock No.||Weight Each (lbs.)||Dimensions (in.)|
|Webbing Width (in.)||Eye Width (in.)||Ply||A||C||D||E||K||M||N|
|5 & 6||6||3||2||8-1/2||1021075||4.3||1.69||3.62||1.13||2.75||1.84||5.64||5.13|
|1 & 2||2||2||2||3-1/4||1021048||1.2||1.06||2.50||.75||1.62||1.22||3.84||3.34|
*Designed for use with Type III, (Eye & Eye), Class 7, 2 Ply web slings.
? NOTE: Maximum Proof Load is 2-1/2 times the Working Load Limit. Minimum ultimate strength is 5 times the Working Load Limit.
Crosby Sling Saver hardware meets the requirements for minimum stock diameter or thickness, and effective contact width shown in the Recommended Standard Specification for Synthetic Polyester Roundslings by the Web Sling & Tie Down Association. WSTDA-RS1 (revised 2001)
As advertised in Crosby General Catalogue 2009 Page 79, and previously in Crosby General Catalogue 2006 Page 73.