Tractel "Travsafe" Twin Wire Permanent Horizontal Fall Arrest Lifeline System. Designed and Installed to Suit Customers Specification
Twin Wire Fall Arrest Horizontal Lifeline System.
We are approved installers of The Travsafe horizontal lifeline system.
The Travsafe horizontal lifeline systems gives freedom to move while working at height and can be used for either fall arrest or restraint ensuring safety whilst traversing horizontally over any given distance.
Please see below brief details on typical installations and specifications. Please call our sales office on 01977 684600 for a competitve quote.
- The twin wires allow for a much greater factor of safety and applied loading than traditional single wire systems, which means that;
- Travsafe can utilise longer intermediate spans, upto 18 metres, whilst simultaneously allowing upto 6 users on a system at any one time. This is particularly useful for longer systems that are used for multiple maintainance workers.
- There is reduced roof penetration, particularly important in retro-fit, which leads to the system being very cost competitive, regardless of the additional wire, when compared to traditional single wire systems.
- The traveller is smoother running as it is permanently in line with the bracket.
- In the event of a fall, the system generates a very small deflection, generally under 1 metre, reducing the trauma to the casualty. It also means that the rescue of the casualty is much easier, since under most circumstances assisted self-rescue can be affected.
- A twin wire system has added security. The rope access industry has demonstrated an incredibly low incident rate over recent years. The main reason for this is that they employ primary and secondary rope systems - Travsafe is similar. If one wire should fail due to misuse, the traveller will not detach from the secondary thereby still protecting the user.
- Travsafe is very simple to use. The user attaches the connector of their lanyard to a traveller, which runs smoothly along the system and around angles and corners. Travsafe can be installed in most orientations, floor, wall and ceiling mounted at head or a higher level. Travsafe is virtually unique in that a 10 metre retractable lifeline can be suspended from it for use in some overhead applications giving total flexibility.
- The Trasafe system conforms to BS EN 795 and is designed to meet the requirements of CDM regulations and other safety guidelines such as HSG33.
- Travsafe is advanced in its simplicity with a small number of components - wire cable, intermediate and end brackets being required for a complete system. The brackets are manufactured in aluminium or marine grade stainless steel.
- The conrners are self-forming making for quick installation and very smooth running unlike most other systems. This feature also gives the system incredible flexibility for the most complex applications.
- The intermediate and end brackets can be used as individual anchor points to traverse movement over apex roofs or for rope access attachment. These unique brackets have the additional advantage of allowing a rescue to take place by securing the rescue equipment off them.
- The continuous development of Travsafe resulted in Travsafe Flex, a system that absorbs applied loads to a level that allows it to be installed onto fragile structures or profiled roofs. The Travsafe Flex brackets are moulded from a high-density polyurethane elastomer, and will deform elastically in the event of a fall arrest. This deformation dissipates the energy created in a fall down to a level below 9kN.
- The 316 marine grade stainless steel travellers have minimal moving parts and move effortlessly over the brackets and around corners. The lack of moving parts means that the traveller does not jam up in harsh environments.
- The standard traveller fits onto the system at the ends, whereas the detachable traveller can be fitted at any point along the system and is normally used with the Travsafe Flex system.
- Travsafe features unique self-forming corners that allow smooth travel without jamming, which can be a major problem particularly with installations that utilise formed tubes. This also provides an advantage during installation since Travsafe can be easilty customised on-site. Travsafe is the most flexible system available, allowing bends and curves, to suit most shapes and radii.
Travsafe Horizontal Lifeline System
- The Travsafe Flex system now incorporates a range of fixing solutions for composite panels and standing seams of varying sizes, utilising only the external sheet for a secure fix. Both the Top Fix and Standing Seam systems have been designed with the aid of structural calculations, on-site and in-factory testing, and incorporate a factor of safety.
- The Travsafe Flex Standing Seam system is made up of a stainless steel cross bracket, which is capable of being fixed to seam profiles 300mm to 400mm wide. The cross bracket has been designed to sit into the trough making them less obtrusive, and is fixed by way of four clamps brackets, which avoids the need for penetration of the roof sheet.
- The Travsafe Flex Top Fix system is made up of specially designed plates, shaped to spread the load more equally across the fixings, thereby causing less damage to the roof sheet in the event of a fall arrest. They are powder coated in Grey as standard. They are available in a number of sizes to suit the profile. The plates are attached to the roof sheet using high strength steel rivets that incorporate a bonded weatherseal washer.
Travsafe Weatherproof Seals
There are two versions of the universal flexible seal, used to improve weather sealing around posts.
- The round base for standard installations
- The square base for installations on profile sheet roof systems
Both types are suitable for round and square section posts, of various sizes.
Travsafe Fixing Systems
- A complete range of fixing systems is available including Hollobolts for steel sections, rivets for profile sheet systems, and the specially developed Apollobolt for fixing into concrete or blockwork without the use of resin.
- For more information on fixing systems please contact our sales office on 01977 684 600
Movable anchoring point sliding on the straight Travsafe lifelines cable. Matt Stainless steel finish.
Movable opening anchoring point sliding on the Travsafe lifelines cable. Matt Stainless steel finish
Movable anchoring point sliding on the straight Travsafe lifelines on stainless steel cable installed under ceiling.
|End Anchor Kit
• 1 End anchor • 2 shock-absorber rings • 2 stop rings • 2 red end pieces
|Turn Anchor Kit
Aluminium or stainless steel turning point anchoring parts for travsafe lifeline including: • 2 intermediary turning point anchors, • 4 shock-absorber rings
Aluminium or stainless steel intermediary anchoring part for travsafe lifeline.
|End Anchor with Quick Link
• Material : Stainless steel.
|End Anchor for Post
• Supplied with quick link • Material : Stainless steel.
INRS Patent • Material : Stainless steel. • Supplied with quick link
|Tensioner with Sealing Device
Cable tensioning system • Material : Stainless steel.
• Material : Stainless steel.
|Shock-Absorber Connection Kit
• 1 connector • 2 stop rings • 2 red end pieces
• Galvanised steel • Section : 120 x 120 x 5 mm • Height : 500 mm
• Galvanised steel • Section: 70 mm • Height: 500 mm
|Turning Point Post Plate
for travsafe lifeline
for travsafe lifeline to be placed on each line access point.