Tiger "ProLH" (PLH) Lightweight Pressed Steel Lever Hoist with Dual Brake Mechanism - Range from 800kg to 20,000kg
Manufacturing Standard: Exceeds BS EN 13157:2004 and ASME B30.21-2005
Top quality, heavy duty, compact and lightweight lever hoist, equipped with the twin brake mechanism of the Tiger SS11 for added safety.
Lightweight, compact and rugged construction with the handle, gear case and brake cover made entirely of pressed steel, producing strong resistance to impact damage. Using only the highest quality materials precisely machined throughout ensures the PROLH is the ideal hoist for long term use with less maintenance and servicing costs. These units meet and exceed all the requirements within BS EN 13157:2004 and ASME B30.21-2005.
A subsea version of the ProLH is also available, see the Tiger SS11 lever hoist for further information.
- Range 800kg - 20.0t.
- Equipped with our unique dual brake mechanism.
- New twin pawl ratchet brake design allows for very fine adjustments on the lifting handle.
- Light load tested and certified at 2% of the rated capacity.
- Adaptable to use both inverted and horizontally.
- Each hoist is individually proof tested at 1.5 times the rated capacity.
- Using only the highest quality alloy calibrated load chains according to EN 818-7 and ISO 16872.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Individual spares readily available.
- Operating temperature of - 50°C to + 50°C.
- All major parts are heat treated and precisely machined.
- Finished in high quality powder coat paint offering excellent corrosion protection.
- Can be chained up to meet your exact requirements.
The PROLH comes equipped with our own unique dual brake mechanism that automatically engages when the lever hoist feels the slightest resistance on the bottom hook. This key feature means that the PROLH will raise, hold, and lower the lightest of loads without slipping. The two stage process protects against accidental light load failures caused by putting the hoist into neutral whilst under load. This latest development in brake efficiency guarantees permanent engagement of at least one of the twin reciprocating cam pawls fitted to the PROLH, ensuring the pawl only just clears the ratchet wheel, with the minimum of clearance as required under BS 4898:1973. The bonded friction discs are free of asbestos and achieve highly efficient braking.
Tiger only use the highest quality alloy, calibrated load chains in Grade 80 (T) or 100 (V) conforming to EN818-7 and ISO 16872.
Drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks are furnished with heavy duty latch kits that fully engage into the nose of the hook offering maximum load security.The swivel hooks are attached to the yoke using high grade nuts & socket head bolts allowing for complete inspection during any statutory inspection or written scheme maintenance. Recessed forgings offer full protection to the load chain anchor bolts on all our bottom hooks.
All major components are heat treated and precisely machined to ensure long term smooth operation. High gear ratios keep physical effort to a minimum.
Chain end stops
User friendly heavy duty end stops make it easy for the operator to position the chain while "freewheeling”, but most importantly this "end stop" will hold a load of at least 2.5 times the rated capacity when supporting the full load without restraint from other components e.g. brake or gearing.
The PROLH lever hoist has undergone a full test program that includes:
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working load limit (WLL)
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 4 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears.
Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity
High performance premium quality grease allows the PROLH hoists to be certified for use within a temperature range of -50°C to +50°C far exceeding the requirements of current standards.
The PROLH is finished in our high quality powder coat paint offering excellent corrosion protection.
Technical and Dimensional Specifications
|Product Code||Capacity (tonne)||Effort (kg)||Dimensions (mm)||Load Chain||Standard HOL (m)||Mass Kg @ std HOL|
|A||B||C||D||E||F1||Diameter (mm)||No. of falls|