Donati GBA C3/4'C' Profile Overbraced Jib Crane - upto 1000kg SWL
300° Manual Slew 'C' Profile Channel profile Free Standing Swing Jib Crane with Overbraced Arm.
“C” Channel version:
- For lifting capacities from 63kg to 1000kg
- Jibs from 2m to 7m
- Manually rotated
- 300° Slew
- The arm is made using a special section bar made of folded sheet metal, inside which the hoist-carrying trolley runs.
- The arm is fitted with one or two staybolts which support the profile and connect it to the rotation tube.
- This version is characterised by the extreme ease of handling due to the low inertia derived from its own reduced weight.
- The arm is normally fitted with a special “channel” profile trolley, which allows it to be pushed with maximum fluidity.
- Our jib cranes are designed and manufactured according to the ISO A5 classification.
The manually rotated jib cranes in this series are designed for the handling of goods inside a plant, in a square or to serve operative positions. The standard models are available for lifting capacities from 63kg to 2000kg and jibs from 2m to 8m The C version (this page, see above); T versions and H versions are designed according to the three different versions of the arm.
The column crane can be supplied, on request, with a main on/off line switch which can be padlocked. The distribution of energy takes place via a flat festoon cable which slides on trolley along the arm.
Swing Jib Crane Installation - Customer's responsibility:
Please note that these jibs priced on line are quoted as supply only. We believe that this will give you the most cost effective solution; your engineering staff or a local contractor could install at cheaper hourly rate than our lifting engineers and won't have the travel time that we would incur. If any civil works are required to the floor (or support structure) it would be best (and cheaper) done by Civil Engineering Company (or Fabricator), after all this is their area of expertise. We would be please to offer a price for installation on request.
- Installation quotes, unless otherwise specified, include for working in a clear uninterrupted site with good access, during normal working hours. Other times can be negotiated to suit your requirements. Site delays due to obstructions would be chargeable extras. Check there are no obvious defects on the support structures and the fixing;- check the suitability of the maneuvering areas (rotation) available to the jib crane,especially if it operates in areas where there are other cranes and manufacturing machines
- For our enginners to install the jib crane we would require the use of your fork truck / overhead crane & operator to unload and install (Refers to quotes for Installation Only)
- The client must provide a suitable power supply to an appropriate position and make all electrical connections into the power isolator. Check the suitability and the correct functioning of the electrical power supply:
1) correspondence between the voltage of the power line with the voltage for the motors
2) that there is a suitable switch, selector of the electric line;
3) adequacy of the section of cable of the electric power line;
4) the presence and suitability of the earthing system
- Where our engineers work involves the drilling into existing concrete structures, it is assumed that this drilling will not be effected by reinforcement bars. If such an obstruction is met on site, we reserve the right to charge extra for any costs such as labor or special drilling equipment, again this refers to quotes for Installation Only
- Unless otherwise quoted / specified and formally agreed our quote for a swing jib crane will not include for the Installation and load deflection test (please advise if you would like us to give a quote)
- The customer / installer must ensure suitability of your existing concrete floor / support structure (adequacy for loading, foundation requirements and leveling) when bolting onto directly to existing floor or building, we could provide a complete survey, at an additional cost, if required.
- Carry-out civil / engineering works to provide a suitable foundation for the jib crane to be mounted.
- The check of the suitability of the anchorings to the pillar or to the floor as well as the sizing of the plinths must always be carried out by
expert, qualified technicians who will formally assume their responsibilities.
- The installation of the jib crane, for the importance of the operations, if not carried out correctly can cause serious risks for the safety of people nearby in the assembly stage and the successive phase of use of the crane.In any case this task must be entrusted to specialised installers for the assembly of industrial systems, following careful evaluation of the following parameters:
- environmental characteristics of the place of work (e.g.working surface,etc)
- height of the work level at a height with respect to the load level
- dimensions and weight of the parts to be installed
- available space for the handling of the parts to be installed.
- Before proceeding to the assembly of the parts and to to the putting into action of the jib crane, the installer must ensure that the characteristics of the crane are adequate to the use which it is intended for and in particular:
1) the lifting capacity of the crane is ≥ with respect to the loads to lift.
2) the characteristics of the fixing structures (plinth, floor, wall, pillar,etc.) have been “declared suitable” by the user or by expert technicians, engaged by the user.
3) the characteristics of the lifting unit (trolley/hoist), if not part of the supply, are compatible with those of the jib crane in relation to:
a. Lifting capacity of the hoist: must be ≤ with respect to the lifting capacity of the jib crane.
b. Weight of the trolley/hoist: must be ≤ with respect to the maximum ones intended
c. Lifting/moving speed: must be ≤ with respect to the maximum ones allowed.
d. Headroom of the figure of the hoist trolley: must be ≤ with respect to those allowed.
e. Reactions on the trolley wheels: must be ≤ with respect to the maximum ones allowed.
- In the case of the jib crane with laminate girder, check the width of the wing of the girder which must correspond to that intended for the wheels of the trolley. Following the installation activities of the jib cranes, it is the precise duty of the installer to:
1) lead the activities of the putting into service as described in the manual of “Instructions for use”
2) fill in the report of the “check and correct installation” of the crane, deliberating over the “suitability for use”
3) take care of the complete editing of the responsibility of parts as intended in the checks register.
Lifting Capacity (KG)
True Length (MM)
Size of Jib Crane
Total Height H (M)
Column by M
Oversized Base Plate/CounterPlate (Bolting To Existing Floor)
This is designed to spread the load when bolted to a suitable existing concrete floor. Refer below for manufacturers minimum recommended floor thickness.
|Size of Jib Crane||R||S||T||U||V||Z|
|Nr x Ø||4x15||4x19||8x19||8x25||20x25||20x25|
|Counterplate Weight (kg)||26||31||66||95||190||307|
|Max. Tilting Momentum Allowed (kNm) (Mf)||10.3||16||30||56||107||163.5|
|Type of Concrete of the Floor (kg/cm2)||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Type of Chemical Bolts||M12||M16||M16||M20||M20||M20|
|Minimum Thickness of the Block of the Floor (mm)||140||170||170||220||220||220|
|Diameter of the Hole in the Floor (mm)||14||18||18||24||24||24|
|Depth of the Hole in the Concrete of the Floor (mm)||110||125||125||170||170||170|
|Clamping Couples of the Anchors (Nm)||50||100||100||160||160||160|
|Minimum Resistance to Traction of one Anchor||18||26||26||38||38||38|
Base Plate Specifications
Note: The foundation frame with logbolts, used in the column-mounted version for fixing the column itself to the foundation plinth is supplied on request.
|Size of Jib Crane||R||S||T||U||V||Z|
|Base Plate and Foundation Frame (mm)|
|Clamping Couples (Nm)||45||105||105||200||350||680|
|Frame/Bolts Weight (kg)||5||10||11||17||26||47|
|Foundation Plinth (mm) (L)||1200||1300||1400||1700||2000||2400|
|Foundation Plinth (H)||800||800||900||900||1100||1100|
|Reaction (kN) Q1||3.3||5.7||10.15||18.4||28.7||29.35|
|Momentum (kNm) MF||10||16||30||56||107||163|