Shearleg / Tripods available from 500kg to 3000kg up to 4 metre high. (and specials)
Shearlegs / Tripods with a variety of feet options to suit most working environments including anti-sparking Atex tripods
Suspension of hand operated lifting mechanisms, chain blocks or pulleys are available and not supplied as standard. Comes complete with fitted safety chains and a large eyebolt.
The Camlok Shearlegs have been designed to be simple and easy to erect and operate. Each set of shearlegs are supplied, as standard, fitted with safety chains and a large eyebolt for the suspension of hand operated lifting mechanisms, chain blocks or pulleys.
Available with a variety of leg and feet options
- Manufactured from steel tubes incorporating a plated top cap.
- Rigid construction.
- Designed to be easy to erect and operate.
- Fitted with standard legs for hard ground. See (1) below. Other options available.
- Anti sparking (spark proof) options available for use in Atex environments (example Zone 1 and Zone 2)
- Painted as standard though also available from stainless steel for for production and offshore and corrosion resistant galvanized construction.
|Model||WLL (kg)||Height to Eye (A) (mm)||Leg Length (B) (mm)||PCD (E) (mm)||Weight (kg)|
ATEX requirement – Information
- Extracts below from the European Commission Enterprise and Industry ATEX guidelines June 2009 section 5.2: Examples for equipment not covered by Directive 94/9/EC.
- "In general, many simple mechanical products do not fall under the scope of Directive 94/9/EC as they do not have their own source of ignition."
- "Manufacturer will need to consider each item in turn with respect to potential ignition hazard"
- "Other examples that in most cases have no potential ignition source are" "Equipment moved only by human power, a hand operated pump, hand powered lifting equipment, hand operated valves"
Do You Need Anti-sparking Features
Customer’s to specify their requirements. For tripods intended for use in potentially explosive areas / atmospheres such as Zone 1 or 2, SELS can include any anti-sparking features that our customers specify - this will increase its anti-sparking properties and therefore make the crane more suitable for use in a potentially explosive environment! (Important - SELS certificate will not supply an ATEX certificate or imply ATEX compliance. We offer anti sparking / spark proof features though acceptance of our specification is the customer’s responsibility based on their risk assessment!
Anti-sparking Features Available
- Bronze coated load suspension point (or solid bronze hook)
- Stainless steel pins with bronze sleeves
- Bronze bushes and sheaves to pivot points
- Anti-static rubber if needed on the feet
- Stainless steel construction if required.
- Rubber or other soft lining to prevent “steel on steel” when used using telescopic legs
- Any additional anti sparking features specified by the customers.....