Sala Advanced "Counterweight" Davit Arm System. Self supporting and free standing!
Advanced Counterweight System - Complete systems and accessories including hoists and inertia reels.
The Sala (UCL) Counterweight davit arm System is consists of a davit and Working equipment (hoist, inertia reel etc..) connected to a totally free standing base (self supporting). The anchoring system includes a weight rack that uses counterbalanced / ballast weights to provide support for the davit arm. No floor penetration is required and the complete system is a modular / knock down design that can be assembles in minutes providing a safe means of manriding, fall arrest and rescue from height.
A Davit arm system for manriding, fall arrest and rescue application that is totally portable and does not require connection to a supporting structure. The davit arm uses integrated counterweight ballast weights to provide stability for the person working at height.
The Sala Advanced Counterweight System is composed of a central base unit that connects to the davit arm and accessories (hoist and inertia retriever block etc...), height adjustable front legs and a variety of anchoring options.
Counterweight systems are perfect for applications where there is no fixed base such as permanent socket and for service engineers that work on remote locations where portability and versatility are key! Highly portable, the Sala Advanced UCL counterweight davit systems are manufactured to the highest standards from one of the worlds premium height safety manufacturers. All davit configurations can be supplied with working equipment to suit our customers applications; man riding, fall arrest and rescue.
|Counterweight Davit System Base with long Pole Legs for when greater height adjustment is needed. Weight: 90.2kg||Counterbalanced Davit Base with Fine adjustment Screw Legs for when little, yet fine height adjustment is needed. Weight: 87.1 Kg|
(A) - Min 159cm (62.5").
(B) - Min/ Max height from ground to socket base/ tube top 33cm (13") minimum to 89cm (35") Maximum.
(C) - Min / Max length / distance from the back of weight rack to handle on front side of center section base= 146cm (57.5") minimum and 176.5cm (69.5") maximum.
(D) - Fixed at 132cm (52").
(A) - Min / Max width of base assembly (8513593 center section + 85120887 or 8512900 leg sections) = 133cm (52.5") / 143.5cm (56.5"), or 260cm (102.25") to 270cm (106.25") with 8520887 leg assembly (for use with large davit arm).
(B) - Min / Max height from ground to socket base / tube top = 16cm (6.375") minimum to 35cm (13.875") maximum.
(C) - Min / Max length / distance from the back of weight rack to handle on front side of center section base= 146cm (57.5) minimum and 176.5cm (69.5") maximum.
(D) - Fixed at 132cm (52").
- Determine the location of the base. The davit arm attachment point must be as close as possible to directly over the work area.
- Model 8512894: Insert Leg Support Posts into both Leg Brackets and fully insert quick release pin at desired height position.
- Models 8512894 and 8414496: Fully insert both Leg Brackets into Crossmember End Housing. Fully insert quick release pins in holes closest to the center of the Crossmember End Housing.
- Fully insert Crossmember Extension into Crossmember End Housing. Pull back the Crossmember Extension slightly until pin holes align at the position that keeps the Crossmember Extension at the fullest possible insertion depth into Crossmember End Housing. Fully insert quick release pin.
- Fully insert Center Support into Counterweight Plate Holder Assembly. Securely tighten the 2 clamp screws.
- Fully insert End Support through Counterweight Plate Holder Assembly and into Center Support until the quick release pin holes align at the first or second position. Fully insert a quick release pin.
- Insert Crossmember Extension into Center Support to any position that aligns quick release pin holes. Insert a quick release pin.
- Level the entire Counterweight Base assembly at the work location using the leveling jacks (MODEL 8414496) and quick release pins (both models).
- Prepare the Offset Mast (Davit) for insertion into the mast sleeve in the Crossmember End Housing. Instructions for assembly and use of the Offset Mast can be found in DBI-SALA document 8514753, “Five Piece Breakdown Hoist System Setup and Winch Installation Instructions.”