Lightweight Aluminium Portable Davit Arm - 350kg or 500kg
Corrosion resistance, high tensile aluminium, alloy powder coated finish with low maintenance. Top quality made in the UK.
With a safe lifting capacity to 500kg, yet made of lightweight aluminum and weighing, fully assembled, 24kg (standard product), the PORTA-DAVIT system is literally a one person “pick up and go” lifting solution. Manufactured using an innovative design, the PORTA-DAVIT bagged system can be easily transported by hand to any site that a single person can access.
Make Lifting Challenges Safer and More Cost Effective
- Less is more – 1 davit serves many locations.
- Low maintenance costs – protective heavy duty bag, only exposed to environment when needed.
- Centralised inspections and testing - reducing costs.
- Safer to use – Manual handling compliant & clean to use – easily cleaned.
- Better for environment – less materials, easily recycled, with high residual value and quality regional supply chain – lower carbon footprint.
- Lightweight & portable - standard unit just 24kg assembled.
- Strong yet light - High tensile Aluminium alloy.
- Simple assembly, 2 piece design, no tools needed.
- WLL 500kg Goods and WLL 120kg Man-ride approved (EN795 Class B).
- Internal Bearing System - 360° rotation under finger tip control.
- Radius adjustment (800-1200mm as standard) with shock load strap.
- Corrosion resistant, high tensile aluminium alloy (powder coated finish) with low maintenance.
- Manual handling compliance without mechanical aids - no tools required.
- CE & EN795 Class B approved by Notified Body.
- Store and transport in heavy duty bag for easy handling and segregation.
- Universal Kingpin – mates with wide range of REID sockets (or sleeves for existing sockets) as well as REID’s new PORTA-BASE – the ultimately flexible system for use where no sockets are installed or possible.
The PORTA-DAVIT is available in several variations to the base unit including standard winched versions, extended radius (e.g. WLL350, 1500mm radius), socket extensions, man-ride and PORTA-BASE & Counterbalanced versions. Customised versions & bespoke specialised developments are always considered.
Porta-Davit Man-riding Options
The PORTA-DAVIT is available in three forms rated for man-ride.
- Standard davit with a fall arrest unit fitted to a shackle (fall protection).
- With a man rated winch to lower and raise personnel and separate fall arrest unit with or without integral retrieval winch.
- With a fall arrest with integral retrieval winch where the man moves on a ladder or climbing.
The PORTA-DAVIT system (using mounting sockets) is approved to EN 795 Class B Anchor Devices, giving protection against falls from a height. The fall-arrest unit is compliant with EN 360.
We recommend that the PORTA-DAVIT unit has a dedicated man-ride rating only and is set at the minimum possible operating radius; however, it is possible to have the davit dual rated at 120kg for man ride and 500kg goods lifting. When used for man-ride applications the PORTA-DAVIT unit MUST be dedicated to the man-ride application only and there should be no goods load attached to the davit. Suitably rated Chain Block, winch and man-ride options and accessories are all available.
Assembly Operations and Instructions
For correct and safe assembly of the PORTA-DAVIT system please carefully follow the following instructions.
Inspection Prior to Initial Assembly and Operation
Each davit must be inspected prior to initial operation by a competent person. The inspection is visual and functional and shall establish that the davit is safe and has not been damaged by incorrect transport or storage.
Assembly - Porta-Davit 500 Standard Unit
- Insert the shaft of the lower jib tube and upright assembly into socket.
- Ensure shaft is fully inserted and bearing flange is in full contact with socket flange.
- Release lower jib support retaining strap so that the lower jib is inclined to accept the upper jib.
- Supporting the weight of the upper jib insert spigot into lower jib tube.
- Supporting the weight of the jib with the shoulder, select required operating radius and attach tension strap to adjustment channel with the adjustment pin.
- Insert retaining clip through adjustment pin.
- Check davit assembly for ease of rotation.
- Attach davit WLL maximum capacity hoist to desired lifting point. Use safety steps (with handrail) if required to do this.
The adjustment channel may be colour coded. If the davit is being used with a PORTA-BASE mobile socket the pin must be inserted within the yellow zone which gives a maximum operating radius of 1000mm. If used with fixed sockets any adjustment position can be used.
Lightweight, Portable Bagged System
PD 500 system is delivered and stored as a “Bagged system” for convenient, clean and safe handling, storage and transportation.
Visual Check Prior to Assembly
The PD 500 is supplied as a bagged 2 piece system.
A competent person should check for any damage to the davit components.
No tools are required for assembly.
Step by Step Guide to Assembly
|Insert the shaft of the lower jib tube and upright assembly into socket / porta-base.||Ensure shaft is fully inserted and the bearing flange is in full contact with the socket flange.||Release the lower jib support retaining strap so that the lower jib is inclined to accept the upper jib.|
|Supporting the weight of the upper jib insert spigot into the lower jib tube.
N.B. It may be most ergonomic to attach the chain block / hoist to the shackle at this stage.
|Supporting the weight of the jib with the shoulder, select required operating radius and attach tension strap to adjustment channel with the adjustment pin. Insert retaining clip through adjustment pin.
Note: the adjustment channel may be colour coded. If the davit is being used with a PORTA-BASE mobile socket the pin must be inserted within the yellow zone which gives a maximum operating radius of 1000mm. If used with fixed sockets any adjustment position can be used giving up to 1200mm radius.
|Check the davit assembly for ease of rotation.
Attach the davit WLL maximum capacity hoist to the desired lifting point. Use
safety steps (with handrail) if required to do this.
Assembly: PORTA-DAVIT 350EX extended operating radius.
The extended operating radius variants of the davit have two different components to the standard PORTA-DAVIT 500 davit – a jib extension piece and an extended adjustment channel.
- Follow steps 1-3 on page 3 and then as follows.
- Attach extended adjustment channel to upright pillar using securing pin and R-clip.
- Insert the spigot of the jib extension piece into the lower jib tube.
- Please note PD350EX or other extended davits must not be used with a PORTA-BASE mobile socket.
Sockets and Porta-Base Options
These sockets are designed to suit Davit systems and CE requirements for Declaration of Conformity and Incorporation and we provide the following options as standard (as well as customised solutions on request).
Standard Socket Options
- Flush Mount - Flush Mount socket complete with cover and re-bars, for casting into concrete, and protective cover.
- Top Mount - Sockets suitable for bolting into existing concrete or steel structures - for simplicity or to provide additional davit height & reach.
- Mount Socket - Suitable for mounting on the side of concrete or steel structures. For thin-walled concrete a brace plate can be supplied.
- Bridge Mount - Sockets suitable for bolting into steel structures, for flush mount facility in walkways and bridges.
- Customised and bespoke versions can be developed for non-typical installations.
All sockets are available in galvanised mild steel or passivated 316L Stainless steel and colour coated painted finish, with customisation available for specialised requirements.
All these sockets and extensions have been designed, developed and tested for safe use with this equipment and form a key part of the integrity of the total system.
- All sockets have a WLL of 500kg.
- All sockets are supplied in galvanised mild steel or stainless steel (316L grade, passivated).
- Sockets can be powder coated upon request.
*Should non standards third party sockets be used the CE requirement for Declaration of Conformity and Incorporation on the products is negated.
The most convenient socket for PORTA-DAVIT as no fixed socket installation is needed, eliminating installation and testing costs.
WLL 500kg at a max 1000mm radius with WLL 120kg for personnel lifting (man ride).
Adjustable feet for uneven surfaces with anodised legs and yellow powder coat paint to the socket and tie bars for protection.
Manual handling compliance, assembled without tools and CE approved. 90°, 180° & 360° as well as the 270° Counterbalance versions, with up to 1000mm radius, are available. The PORTA-BASE unit is to be used with a restricted radius PORTA-DAVIT 500R series ONLY and not with Socket Extensions.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Easy to use - almost anywhere.
- Easy deployment and rapid assembly.
- 90°, 180°, 360° and 270° counterbalanced options.
- Packs in heavy duty bags for transport,protection and storage.
- High utilisation with no installation costs.
- Suitable for clean environments.
Lightweight & portable socket foundation for the Reid PORTA-DAVIT 500R, WLL500kgs. The legs have adjustable feet for levelling. Unit complete with two heavy-duty canvas bags for transportation, of weight 28kg and 10kg for the 90-degree.
Lightweight & portable socket foundation for the Reid PORTA-DAVIT 500R, also available in 90° & 360° configuration WLL500kgs. The legs have adjustable feet for levelling. Unit complete with two heavy-duty canvas bags for transportation, of weight 42kg and 10kg for the 180-degree.
A lightweight & portable socket foundation for the Reid PORTA-DAVIT 500R, WLL500kgs. The unit comprises central hub/socket, leg retention plate, 4 x legs with adjustable feet for levelling and 8 x inch pins. Unit complete with three heavy-duty canvas bags for transportation, of weight 28kg, 28kg and 10kg.
A Lightweight and portable socket foundation for the REID PORTA DAVIT 500R systems. 800-1000mm operating radius, with 180-degree operating arc, rated WLL 120kg for personnel lifting (man-ride) and WLL 250kg for goods lifting. The legs are adjustable for levelling and have a spirit level fitted to each. The system is complete with baskets attached to the legs of the PORTA-BASE to utilise 18 x 20kg hand weights. Unit supplied complete in two heavy duty canvas bags for transportation, of weight 28kg and 15kg, plus two weight baskets of 20kg each.