Economy Galvanised Steel Scaffold Towers - 4' x 2'6", 4' x 4', 6' x 2'6", 6' x 4' and 6' x 6' Base Sizes
Steel Access Towers.
Suitable For Light Trade / D.I.Y.
Includes: All necessary Health & Safety Components i.e. Trap Door, Ladders & Stabilisers.
This range is the ultimate high quality versatile access tower system.
They can be used with confidence for most light industrial tasks, a multitude of domestic maintenance applications and are extremely useful in the garden for hedge cutting/tree trimming.
- All Towers are now supplied with double handrails for improved safety.
- Available in five useful base sizes - 4' x 2'6", 4' x 4', 6' x 2'6", 6' x 4' and 6' x 6', Towers can solve almost any access problem.
- Manufactured from prime quality pre-galvanised mild steel tube which conforms to British Standard BS 6323 Part 5 1982 ERW1 KM, the superior finish provides excellent resistance to corrosion which keeps the product looking good for many years.
- We are so confident in the superior quality of our product that we give a comprehensive FIVE YEAR GUARANTEE against faulty materials or workmanship.
6 Reasons to buy
- Supplied with UNIQUE HANDRAIL FRAMES to give a double handrail and to ensure the top handrail complies with relevant safety regulations.
- Supplied with TWO DOUBLE HAND RAILS. When these are used with the Unique Handrail Frames they form a full double handrail all the way round the platform giving obvious extra safety benefits - don't skimp on safety - your life is worth more!
- We Don't use locking pins but have a SUPERIOR SWAGE FITTING for simple, safe and quick assembly without the hassle of locking pins.
- High QUALITY TIMBER BOARDS WITH BANDED ENDS for extra long life and durability.
- Made from GALVANISED TUBE for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Supplied with BASE RAILS as standard to tie the bottom pair of frames together for supreme stability.
You have a choice so why not choose the best.
Tube sizes and wall thicknesses:-
Uprights on all frame sizes - 38.1 mm
Horizontals on 2'6" & 4' frames, braces & handrails - 31.8 mm
Horizontals on 6' x 4' frames & braces - 38.1 mm
31.8 mm o.d. tube is 18 gauge (1.2 mm)
38.1 mm o.d. tube is 16 gauge (1.6 mm)
A BETTER IDEA
We have invested many thousands of pounds in Hi-Tech machinery to put a swage on our tower leg, which means you have close contact all round the tube and for the whole length of the swage where the frames join thus making it a much more sturdy tower. It is quicker to erect and dismantle because you don't need any tools and there is nothing to seize up due to corrosion.
The end result being our scaffold towers are simpler, quicker and safer to use for the whole of their life.
A comprehensive range of accessories complement the Economy Tower system giving total flexibility including Stabilisers (which come apart for easy transportation), internal ladders, trapdoor decking, adjustable double locking castors, adjustable bases, double locking castors and cantilever legs.
NO LOCKING PINS - WHY ?
Locking pins found on many cheaper towers are awkward to operate and inconvenient (there are two locking pins per frame making it longer to erect and dismantle), some need a spanner and they are prone to seizing up due to corrosion rendering them useless thus making cheap towers very dangerous.
Locking pins are supposed to reduce the amount of play or movement created by a loose fitting type socket when joining the frames of a cheap tower. The locking pin is hand tightened forcing the leg of the upper frame against the side of the wall of the welded socket of the frame below
1). This means there will be a strong possibility that excessive movement will be experienced on the tower especially when the tower is erected to higher levels. The pins cannot be over tightened as this may cause the tube to squash inside the socket.