LiftingSafety Fall Arrest Inertia Reel Block with Retrieval/Rescue Hand Chain Wheel - Galvanised Cable - Options from 12 to 65 metres.
Retractable "self retracting lifeline" (SRL) fall arrest block with chain wheel rescue function. 6 different lengths. Complies to EN360.
These devices have been manufactured, tested and certified in Germany to conform to the European Standards DIN EN 360, as a Retractable Type Fall Arrest Device, and to DIN EN 1496, as a Rescue/Recovery Device.
Specifically developed to offer fall protection and rescue in one, easy to use unit.
Working similar to a car safety belt, during normal use the user can move freely whilst the galvanised steel cable life-line is kept under permanent tension. In the event of a fall the locking system will activate and the internal brake disk will absorb energy to well below the 6kN limit required by the DIN EN 360 standard.
In the case of a rescue, the rescue/recovery function can be quickly activated by snapping the side chain drive mechanism into place. The cable drum is now permanently locked to the central shaft and by hauling on the chain the casualty can be either lifted or lowered to a place of safety. The rescue/recovery function can be activated whether the cable is on free run or from the locked position after an arrested fall.
- Easy to use, low-maintenance design
- Load carrying capacity: 1 person, 136kg - max
- Various cable lengths available
- Shockproof aluminium housing
- Single handed, double action hook to connect to the users harness
- Double action hook has swivel function to eliminate cable twisting
- Large carrying and attachment handle
- German build quality
- Please note: The standard chain length supplied allows the chain to hang approximately 1.7 metres from the anchorage point. Please get in touch if a longer chain length is required.
- 12 metre - Weight = 10kg
- 18 metre - Weight = 14.5kg
- 24 metre - Weight = 19kg
- 33 metre - Weight = 24kg
- 42 metre - Weight = 43kg
- 65 metre - Weight = 46kg
- Option bespoke lengths available on request