LiftingSafety Fall Arrest Inertia Reel Block with Retrieval/Rescue Function - Galvanised Cable - Options from 12 to 65 metres.
Retractable "self retracting lifeline" (SRL) fall arrest block. 6 different lengths. Complies to EN360.
These devices have been manufactured, tested and certified in Germany to conform to the European Standard DIN EN 360 as a Retractable Type Fall Arrest Device, and to DIN EN 1496 as a Rescue/Recovery Device.
Specifically developed to offer fall protection and rescue in one, easy to use unit.
Working similar to a car safety belt, during normal use the user can move freely whilst the galvanised steel cable life-line is kept under permanent tension. In the event of a fall the locking system will activate and the internal brake disk will absorb energy to well below the 6kN limit required by the DIN EN 360 standard.
In the case of a rescue, the rescue/recovery function can be quickly activated by snapping the side handle into place. The cable drum is now permanently locked to the handle shaft and by rotating the handle the casualty can be either lifted or lowered to a place of safety. The rescue/recovery function can be activated whether the cable is on free run or from the locked position after an arrested fall.
- Easy to use, low-maintenance design
- Load carrying capacity: 1 person, 136kg - max
- Various cable lengths available
- Shockproof aluminium housing
- Single handed, double action hook to connect to the users harness
- Double action hook has swivel function to eliminate cable twisting
- Large carrying and attachment handle
- German build quality
- 12 metre - Weight = 9kg
- 18 metre - Weight = 12kg
- 24 metre - Weight = 16kg
- 33 metre - Weight = 21kg
- 42 metre - Weight = 40kg
- 65 metre - Weight = 43kg
- Option bespoke lengths available on request