LiftingSafety Electric Powered Low Headroom Cantilever Materials Hoist System, 1Ph / 3Ph upto 6000kg
Electric / Pneumatic Close Headroom (cantilever) materials lifting hoist, suitable for compact or confined space installations. Modular lightweight construction.
SELS offer our low headroom materials lifting hoists for permanent or temporary installations up to 6 tonne safe working load and are specifically designed for low head room and cantilever lifting beam applications, often in locations where traditionally a davit Arm or swing jib crane may have been utilised.
Our lifting system does not take up the floor area that a swing jib crane requires and neither does it expose the crane operator / rigger to the falling edge. IE, with a Jib crane the operator needs to reach over the edge to swing the arm through 180 degrees, with our 'Long Trolley' design the load will be maneuvered over the handrail without the operator needing to expose them self to any potential fall. In many situations a jib crane may not be suitable because the structure does not have adequate strength at its perimeter and therefore the use of a cantilever lifting beam may be appropriate and cost effective. A jib crane requires a relatively small socket / base that needs to be positioned at the edge of the building and this results in a great deal stress on the structural steel due to the point loading of the socket.
This system is designed / tailored specifically to suit our customers individual needs. The first illustration is for temporary installations and shows an exposed offshore application with very little headroom between platform levels, therefore we designed a bespoke low headroom system where the electric hoist and vertical arm could be removable having the dual benefit of removing the head bump hazard and protecting the equipment from the weather when not in use. The scissor lift table is used to maneuver and transport the hoist from storage to working area then lift the hoist to the required height for installation; thus avoiding manual handling. The second illustration is more suited for permanent installations and has the hoist mounted directly to the underside of the lifting beam. Both applications can be used with manual trolleys (push and geared) or electric travel trolleys.
There is no maximum working height as the electric hoist unit can be fitted with an on-board cable reeler up to 60 metre or with an independent cable reeler to the customers specification. We can supply in single phase and 3 phase to suit most power supplies.
- Overload alarm. The overload is factory set (to the customers requirements) as an audible warning to the operator of the hoist that the load may have become accidental caught and therefore not to continue hoisting.
- Free running wire rope reeler or independent reeler
- End limit switch dependant on application
- Working load limit variable dependant on user application to a maximum of 3 tonne on a single line wire rope or 6 tonne when reeved through a pulley sheave
- Cable reeling drum with 40 metre Non-rotating wire rope Ø 8mm, 60 metre version available on request.
- 110v, 220v or 415v (single or 3 phase) power options.
- 48v Pendent Control with Up/Down and emergency stop, 3m cable.
- Optional offshore version
- Fast lifting speeds
- Optional Materials fall arrest protection systems can be supplied with any lifting system - protecting people / materials below form a protection hoisting failure.
- Powered or manual beam trolleys.
- Manufactured specially to suit or customers installation / requirements.
- Painted, galvanised or suitable for offshore use.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure the suitability and strength of the overhead lifting beams used in this application.
Contact our sales team for a quotation and for advise on equipment to suit your your needs.