Tractel "Blocfor ESD" Fall Arrest Block - 5 or 6 metre
Fall arrest inertia reel block with energy dissapater system. Karabiner top connector and snap hook bottom.
The Blocfor™ 5 and Blocfor 6 ESD retractable fall arresters are equipped with an energy dissipater mounted at the end of the webbing. The dissipater ensures user impact in the event of a fall of less than 600 daN even when the webbing is fully unwound. The Extremity System Dissipater (ESD) reduces the dynamic load impacted on the user’s body in the event of a fall and protects the webbing from the risk of severing which could occur due to the sharp edges of terrace roofs.
The main advantages
- Easy to install:
- Tested for use in a number of different scenarios
- Easy to use:
- For vertical use and 20 degrees from vertical
- Can be used in a horizontal position on a flat roof without a lanyard between the webbing strap end and the harness.
- Can be used on a lifeline system
- Service Free:
- No need to return to Tractel for an annual service although an annual inspection by a competent person is still required.
- Enhanced safety with ESD
- ESD (Energy System Dissipater) ensures absorption of a fall even when the webbing is fully unwound
- The system will not accidentally engage but automatically locks within a 60cm range if the user falls
- Swivel connector eliminates risk of twisting
- Compliant with EN 360 with option for terrace roof utilization
- Webbing strap end equipped with a fall indicator
- Castings made of fiberglass-polyimide blend ensuring high resistance to shocks and abrasion
- 25mm width webbing strap
- 5m webbing strap- blocfor 5
- 6m webbing strap- blocfor 6
- Fall indicator
- 2kg weight- blocfor 5
- 2.1kg weight- blocfor 6
- PA/ABS casing
- Anti-spark mechanism
- ESD absorption
- Certified to EN Standard 360 2002
- Height 181mm
- Width 136mm
- Thickness of unit 68mm