IKAR "ABS3WH" Auto Evacuation Descender with Winch to raise / Lower the Casualty - Rope Length 20, 40 Metre (Custom Length on Request)Model: IKAR ABS3WH / ADWW-2679
Controlled Descent Device c/w Integrated Winch. To raise and lower a casualty.
This aluminium housed controlled descent device with integral hoisting facility is a sturdy, low maintenance device fitted with a 10mm kernmantle rope lifeline, terminated with aluminium double action hooks at both ends. The attachment anchorage point on the controlled descent device is a cast swivel eye ø16mm, suitable for connection via a Standard Karabiner type connector, or a Standard Karabiner type connector with an Anchorage Sling.
This controlled descent device has an automatic speed regulator. The brake keeps the speed of the device constant during the descent.
The IKAR controlled descent device is designed and tested for single person use.
- Descent Rate: 0.9m/sec
- Dimensions: 200 x 200 x 120 mm.
- Device Weight: 1.9kg
- Rope Weight: 0.7kg/m
- Model Number: ABS3W20 (20m) ABS3W10 (10m)
This controlled descent device is CE marked against EN341 under the PPE Directive and should be treated as such and NOT as lifting equipment.
Safety Instructions for Use
- Non-observation of the instructions for use can endanger life! The abseil device must not be altered or added to in any way.
- The device is only approved for rescuing people. The maximum load for a rescue is one person. Safety authority regulations 198 and 199 must be observed.
- The legibility of the product designation should be checked before each use. A visual and function check of the type ABS 3/3H abseil device must be performed. For this the device should be attached to a suitable location and the protruding ropes pulled alternately. A noticeable brake resistance must develop. Check the spring clips for faultless function (self- closing, lockable).
- The abseil rope should be checked for perfect condition along its entire length and full circumference. A device with a damaged cable must not be used.
- If there are doubts as to the safe condition of the device it should be taken out of service and made available for testing by a specialist, trained by the manufacturer. The specialist decides on further use.
- The device must never be opened or repaired without authority. This may only be done by specialists who have been suitably trained by the manufacturer (point 6).
- The device may only be used by persons who have been appropriately trained and who are confident in the use of the device. They must not suffer from any health impairments! (problems with alcohol, drugs or the influence of medicines, or cardiovascular problems)
- A suitably sustainable attachment location should be selected for the device. if is fixed by means of spring clips. The spring clip locking device must always be closed to prevent accidental opening. The attachment location must be able to withstand a load of 10 kN to DIN EN 795. Attach the device as vertically as possible above the user.
- If an attachment location on an existing structure is selected this must be able to withstand a load of at least 7.5 kN.
- Attach the rescue loops of the casualty's belt to the abseil rope with spring clips. Only safety belts to DIN EN 361 or rescue belts to DIN EN 1497 may be used. The belt instructions for use should be followed.
- Raise the casualty with the lifting function until the fall protection system is relieved of their weight. Fold out the hand wheel crank handle, switch the non-return mechanism to Lift by means of the switching pin. The nominal lifting load is 100 kg, the minimum load 30 kg, the maximum lifting height 75m.
- Detach the accident victim from the fall protection system and begin the abseiling process as follows: pull the hand crank handle and fold it away. Turn the hand wheel in the Lift direction until the non-return mechanism carries no load. Hold the hand wheel. Press the switching pin towards Free running. Now slowly commence the abseiling process. The device can be additionally braked by either applying a hand to the hand wheel or by holding the upwardly moving rope. The abseil route must be free of obstacles. The rope must not be allowed to become slack under any circumstances.
- The device can be used vertically, horizontally or at an angle. If the rope runs over sharp edges suitable edge protection must be used.
Images are for display purposes only.
Contact Us About This Product
Please fill in your details and your enquiry below.
Did you know?
You can also Request a Quote using the Buy/Quote tab above!
You can easily add more than one item to the Quote Request. This is highly recommend as we will be able to suit your needs much more efficiently.
Share this page!
Save this QR code
for use on Smart Phones